Wihuri Gastronomie launched successfully
Our new added-value services represent our desire to operate as all-round partners for our clients all the way from ideas for product solutions to the restaurant table. The Wihuri Gastronomie product and service family was launched at the Fastfood & Café & Restaurant fair on 6-7 March at Messukeskus Helsinki.
Fastfood & Café & Ravintola 2019 offered experiences for more than 8 000 visitors.
Our own Executive Chef Juuse Mikkonen hosted Wihuri Gastronomie stand together with our guest stars Kim Mikkola, Kalle Tanner, Akseli Herlevi, Henry Tikkanen, Markus Aremo and Eric Bouchet and Guillaume Marchal, who represent the high-quality La Reserve du Boucher products from France.
Sales Manager Anders Pöntinen hosted Wihuri Wine Academy stand together with Waiter of the Year 2018 Noora Sipilä and Heikki Lindbohm/Lindbohm & Partners Ltd.
The Wihuri Gastronomie product and service family was launched
– Quality, competitive products are just a small part of the Wihuri Metro wholesale offering. In addition to reliably deliveries, we want to participate in our clients’ product and service development by offering our professional skills and by bringing new ideas and excitement to the table, sales manager Antti Leistén says.
The basis for Wihuri Gastronomie is rooted in diverse skills and products, which are delivered to the client directly, without middlemen, under contracts the company has negotiated itself.
– At the same time, we are developing, with the same passion, our own product range, so we can continue to offer even better and more interesting products, Leistén says.
A company full of true professionals
Wihuri Gastronomie presents five completely new added value services delivered by professionals in the field. The faces of the services include Maria Hartikainen, who joins us from Apetit, and chef Juuse Mikkonen, who took the helm in the Wihuri Demo Kitchen.
– Maria has a lot of experience as head of sales and development in the fruit and veg products area at Apetit. Juuse, on the other hand, can draw on his experience as a chef and in developing business in places such as Chez Dominique and top hotel The Landmark Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong to give him a unique opportunity to share his views and skills to benefit our clients, Leistén says.
Wihuri Demo Kitchen
Are you planning themed weeks, or has the efficiency of your kitchen got you thinking? The Wihuri Demo Kitchen, run by chef Juuse Mikkonen, helps our clients develop their restaurant business and kitchen operations.
Wihuri Demo Kitchen is an equally excellent choice for developing new products and recipes and testing and refining various concepts. The Wihuri Demo Kitchen is also an excellent place for staff training on everything from food and wine presentation to the secrets of dining room etiquette.
The rising demand for vegetarian products is a megatrend which is being seen in shopping baskets and restaurants. In addition to vegans and vegetarians, vegetarian options are more frequently the choice of omnivores who want to try new things and see more variety on their menus. For that reason, fruit and vegetables must always be top quality, both in taste and appearance.
– We supply restaurant-quality fruit and vegetables in accordance with seasonal thinking. In our raw materials we emphasize the best that the harvest has to offer and the specialities of the short Finnish growing season, sales manager Maria Hartikainen says.
Wihuri Fresh Cut
An in-house fruit and vegetable cutting station guarantees a fast product delivery rhythm and excellent availability. Our starting selection includes around one hundred products. The range of seasonal, fresh fruit and vegetables will be expanded later in line with clients’ wishes. The next addition to the selection will be marinated vegetables. In a busy professional kitchen, readily chopped vegetables ease the working day considerably, especially with a small team. Thanks to pre-prepared products, staff resources may be used on other tasks than chopping.
– Hand or machine-chopped fruit and veg and refined vegetables offer clients an easier everyday life and the chance to stand out from the crowd. We are able to react to our clients’ demands quickly and tailor-make product packages and concepts for them according to their needs,” says chef Aleksi Malkamäki, who is responsible for the operations of the fruit and vegetable cutting station.
In addition to high-volume products, Wihuri Fresh Cut supplies tailor-made products and smaller product batches with agility and at competitive prices.
Wihuri Wine Academy
The Wihuri Wine Academy helps clients built a functioning wine list and find partners for both food and wine. The range of this added value service is based on products that are available in all situations.
Wihuri Wine Academy covers the 130+ product range of Wihuri Metro, which mostly consists of wines. The range consists of a wine range selected with skill for restaurants, comprising wines of various prices, including organic and vegan wines. The range also includes rarer high-end products and special editions.
– Our range is so wide that it’s easy for clients to use it to stand out from the crowd. That means that restaurants in small towns don’t need to make do with putting the same old products that are served by their competitors nearby on their wine lists, Wihuri Wine Academy sales manager Anders Pöntinen says.
Coming soon: Wihuri Farmers Market Wihuri
Farmers Market concentrates on local organic products and quality products selected from around the world. Small producers’ specialities and responsibly grown products whose origin can be easily traced by clients will be to the fore.
The inspiration for Wihuri Farmers Market comes from local food markets such as London’s Borough Market, where people come to find the best products and ingredients.
– For us, being local means speaking our clients’ language, understanding their needs and their operating environment. The local nature of products means highlighting local pride and specialities and making them available for our clients, Wihuri Metro sales director Riku Nykänen.
The Wihuri Farmers Market will start operations soon.